What it takes to get a tree of this nature.
- Get up at 6:00 a.m.
- Stand in permit line…couple of hours
- Drive about an hour (I think) to go find the tree
- Find one cut it down and haul it out to the trailer along with 3 other trees.
- Bring it home and set it up. (Steps 4 and 5 took about 7 hours…and I have to say these steps are hard for my husband because time in money so, at this point he loves me a lot)
- String the thousands of lights on the tree but finding a creative way to get up that high because we don’t have a ladder this tall.
- Get the lame tree stand I bought to hold the flippin’ thing…and this is where Greg’s handy work come in.
- Now it can stand on its own so move it towards the window and VOILA we have a tree.
So was it worth? I think so. I absolutely love it!
Someone in our family gave us the idea of putting the ladder onto 4 stools to decorate the tree but Greg came up with using the loft…I have to say that’s a lot safer (Scott).
Isaac has to be like Dad