What it takes to get a tree of this nature.
- Get up at 6:00 a.m.
- Stand in permit line…couple of hours
- Drive about an hour (I think) to go find the tree
- Find one cut it down and haul it out to the trailer along with 3 other trees.
- Bring it home and set it up. (Steps 4 and 5 took about 7 hours…and I have to say these steps are hard for my husband because time in money so, at this point he loves me a lot)
- String the thousands of lights on the tree but finding a creative way to get up that high because we don’t have a ladder this tall.
- Get the lame tree stand I bought to hold the flippin’ thing…and this is where Greg’s handy work come in.
- Now it can stand on its own so move it towards the window and VOILA we have a tree.
So was it worth? I think so. I absolutely love it!
Someone in our family gave us the idea of putting the ladder onto 4 stools to decorate the tree but Greg came up with using the loft…I have to say that’s a lot safer (Scott).
Isaac has to be like Dad
We were in the kitchen trying to find whatever we can get to fill our empty stomach’s when I hear this ripping in the living room. I thought he got his hands on the wrapping paper but no it was his present. Luckily the present I wrapped was in a box that he would have know idea what it was but the whole time he was ripping the paper it he kept saying Spiderman. So, I run to grab the camera and he comes to attach me and then went to for Greg. To say the least he was a little upset that we interupted him.
We let him finish tearing off the paper but didn’t let him open it to see. Gotta wait til the big day!
and I’ve missed you all too.
I have been in California having way too much fun on the beach and better yet a workshop with the wonderful Nate & Jaclyn who is better known as The Image is Found (click on the link and see the images that were taken at the workshop and laugh your pants off at the nate-ism’s). I will post my out takes of the workshop and especially the ones of Angie and I. (Let’s say I am a beauty). Let’s move on to this cute little on that I photographed almost 2 weeks ago. Julie sorry this took me so long. I will be done soon though and call you. Thanks for being patient with me.
Okay, so were does the time go. I don’t seem to have any to even post.
Look at this beautiful family and large it is and i am so surprised that I got one with everyone looking and if I say so myself its a pretty good one (a photographers confession…I was a little stressed to say the least).
Everyone loves Shay…how could you not. When you first meet her you walk away with a new best friend. It’s wonderful!
Brad is my cousin he comes from a family of ALL BOYS…and in my family I was the only girl. Let’s say I was one of the boys. Now, don’t get me wrong I am starting to like those girly things like shoes…high heels even and pink too!?!…but I still love to play sports once in awhile. Here is my cute family.
Lets start off with the heels.